Head Start Program
Head Start is a federally funded program that provides a free preschool education to eligible children and their families. Children receive health and nutrition services and family support
Children 3 - 5 years old, depending on birth date. Families receiving TANF grants, children in foster care and families with a limited income who are working or in school and qualify for childcare subsidies.
- Hands on learning activities which build self-esteem, social and physical skills
- Nutritious hot meals and snacks
- Free medical, dental, vision and hearing screenings.
- Family activities and education events
- Information and referrals to community services
- Job training and employment programs
- Information on health and nutrition
Head Start benefits parents and kids, and it is fun!